Acrodata Privacy Statement
Acrodata recognises the importance of maintaining privacy when dealing with personal information.
This privacy statement relates to personal information we collect through our website, email, information collected by Sales and Customer Service staff and credit agency reports.
Whose privacy statement is this?
This is the privacy statement of CCJR Pty Ltd (ABN 66 607 881 658) trading as Acrodata.
What kinds of information do we hold?
We may collect and store personal information such as:
- personal details e.g. name, age, address, phone number, other contact information;
- computer information e.g. type, operating system, skill level;
- billing, credit, payment and accounting information e.g. account usage records, billing information, payment method, credit card or bank account numbers, billing and payment history;
- historical information e.g. how you came to be our customer;
- technical information e.g. user name, password;
- marketing-related information, such as what products and promotions we have marketed to you, whether you have received, read or responded to promotional emails, whether you have visited links in promotional emails and whether you have participated in our promotions;
- If we receive a request not to send commercial electronic messages to a certain email address, we may retain details of the address and the request indefinitely in order to comply with the request.
- complaint information e.g. history of issues and complaints.
- curriculum vitae or resume if you have sought employment opportunities at Acrodata.
How do we collect and hold personal information?
Normally, we collect personal information:
- directly from you;
- from a wholesale supplier or other entity involved in service delivery to you;
- from our computer equipment (e.g. service usage details);
- in some cases, from a credit reporting agency;
- from marketing bureaux who carry out promotions for us;
- if you became our customer as a result of a business acquisition, from the vendor.
We hold personal information:
- in paper files;
- in computer databases and systems that we control and supervise.
Can you access your personal information?
You have the right to access personal information we hold about you. We may refuse access when authorised to do so by the National Privacy Principles.
Access to personal information held by Acrodata can be obtained by contacting the Privacy Officer as stated below.
A fee of $75.00 plus GST is payable for providing access to personal information.
Why do we collect personal information?
- We collect your personal information to use it for one or more of the purposes for which we collected it - they will normally be obvious from the circumstances. Our purposes include:
- providing goods or services to you;
- marketing our business to you;
- arranging for third parties (e.g. a wholesale supplier) to provide goods or services to you;
- managing our financial and commercial relationship with you;
- providing you with information about us and our services (or another member of the CCJR group or its services) that may be of interest;
- managing our business and our technical facilities and planning future development;
- complying with legal requirements;
- dealing with problems and complaints;
- disclosure to prospective investors in or purchasers of us or our business.
Who do we disclose personal information to?
We may disclose personal information:
- to our wholesale suppliers and other entities involved in service delivery to you;
- to our professional advisers, technical and marketing consultants;
- to marketing bureaux who carry out promotions for us;
- to another member of the CCJR group;
- to prospective investors in or purchasers of us or our business;
- to our agents and resellers;
- to a debt recovery or credit reporting agency in case of non-payment;
- to law enforcement agencies in response to a lawful request;
- to government authorities;
- to anyone to whom you complain about us or our services;
- as required by law.
- and in a case where another person has claimed a bonus from us for introducing you as a first-time customer, we may advise that person whether you are a first-time customer.
What if you do not provide the information we request?
If you do not provide the personal information we request, it may prejudice our ability and / or willingness to provide or maintain services to you. In some cases, it may be a breach of your contract with us.
What are our policies on management of personal information?
We manage, and require our staff to manage, personal information in accordance with this statement and the National Privacy Principles.
How do we keep information secure?
We keep personal information secure by several means, including:
- storing it in controlled access places;
- using robust security practices and technology on our network and computers, including password security;
- imposing confidentiality obligations on staff.
How to access your personal information
Should you seek to access the personal information we hold or wish to make a complaint about the way in which we have handled your personal information, you may contact us as set out below.
Phone: 1300 227 632
PO Box 16,
Battery Point TAS 7004